Sunday, August 15, 2010

Cornish Hens with Rosemary and Thyme

Since starting this blog, I tend to spend a lot more time browsing at the grocery store while I am shopping.  One of my favorite areas to browse is the meat section.  I discovered the cornish hens a few months ago, but was unable to find a recipe that I wanted to use.  I finally found a recipe that also allowed me to use my new roasting pan.  Both the recipe and my new pan were fabulous because the hens were extremely tender and moist.  If you're unsure about trying Cornish hens, don't be afraid because they tasted like chicken to me!

Source:  Ashley's Little Kitchen

Ingredients:

2 Cornish Hens
Sprigs of rosemary
Fresh thyme
¼ cup butter, melted
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Put fresh rosemary in the cavity of each hen.

Brush butter all over the skin of each Cornish hen (leave some butter for recoating throughout the roasting process).

Sprinkle thyme, salt and pepper and any other herbs you would like all over the outside of each hen.

Place the prepared Cornish hens in a roasting pan and roast for 45-50 minutes, or until cooked through, occasionally basting with leftover butter to keep skin from drying out.

No comments:

Post a Comment