Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sour Cream Enchiladas


After a long, hard day at work, I had a big urge to cook something different, but nothing too time consuming.  I turned to one of my favorite online sources and found this recipe.  Can you believe I have never made enchiladas?  I thought this might be a good recipe to try because I LIVE for sour cream.  My husband doesn't share the love of sour cream like I do, but he even thought this was a pretty good recipe.  I will definitely have to make these again, even if it's dinner only for myself!

Source:  Pioneer Woman

Ingredients:

12 whole Corn Tortillas
Canola Oil, For Frying
1 can (20 Ounce) Enchilada Sauce
2 cups Sour Cream
3 cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Grated
1 cup Sliced/chopped Green Onions
½ teaspoons Ground Cumin
¼ teaspoons Cayenne Pepper

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Mix together sour cream, green onions 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar, cumin, and cayenne pepper.

Heat canola oil in a skillet over medium heat. Heat enchilada sauce in a separate skillet or saucepan.

Using tongs, fry tortillas one at a time, for only about five to ten seconds per side (don’t allow to crisp.) Remove from oil, then dunk tortilla in enchilada sauce. Lay tortilla on a plate, then spoon a good two or three tablespoons of the sour cream mixture in the middle. Roll tortilla, then place face down in a 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Repeat with remaining tortillas and sour cream mixture.

(If there’s any sour cream mixture left over, use it as a dip for tortilla chips!)

Cover the dish with the remaining cheese, then bake for 15 to 20 minutes until bubbly.

Serve immediately. Place a dollop of sour cream on each serving, then sprinkle on sliced green onions.

No comments:

Post a Comment