Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Dreamy Creamy Strawberry Ice Cream

This recipe was the first time I had ever made ice cream so I was super pumped for this.  I had just purchased the ice cream maker attachment for my Kitchen Aid mixer so I was really itching to make some ice cream as soon as possible.  I'm a little strange, but I love fruit ice cream better than chocolate so I decided to try this strawberry ice cream recipe.  It calls for quite a bit of sour cream, but once I tried the finished product, I never would have known there was sour cream in it.  This was very tasty and really tasted like anything you'd buy in a carton at the grocery store.

Source:  Annie's Eats, barely adapted from The Perfect Scoop by David Lebovitz

Ingredients:

1 lb. fresh strawberries, rinsed, hulled and sliced
¾ cup sugar
1 tbsp. vodka or kirsch (optional)
1 cup sour cream
1 cup heavy cream
½ tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice

Directions:

Combine the sliced strawberries in a medium bowl with the sugar and vodka. Stir until the sugar begins to dissolve. Cover and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.

Transfer the mixture to the bowl of a blender or food processor and add the sour cream, heavy cream and lemon juice. Pulse briefly until almost smooth but still slightly chunky. Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Freeze in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment