Saturday, May 1, 2010

Ravioli with Fire Roasted Tomato Sauce


I have a pretty busy weekend ahead, and I was looking for something simple as well as a bit healthy to make.  This sauce, paired with some good wine turned out very well.  It's a little bit sweeter than some sauces that I am used to, but I would definitely make this again.

Source:  Stephanie Cooks

Ingredients:

1 package refrigerated ravioli (I used cheese)
1 15 oz. can Fire Roasted tomatoes
1/2 cup white wine
2 cloves garlic, crushed
Salt
Pepper
2 tbsp. tomato paste (optional, I omitted)

Directions:

In a small saucepan combine the garlic, and white wine. Heat over medium-high until the garlic is fragrant.

Add the can of tomatoes, stir.

Season with salt and pepper, add the tomato paste if you want a thicker sauce.

Allow the sauce to heat over medium-low heat for 20-25 minutes.

Serve over the hot ravioli (mine had to boil with some olive oil for 7-9 minutes)

No comments:

Post a Comment