Saturday, January 16, 2010

Banana Cream Pie

My blog updates have been a little MIA lately and I apologize. My job at year end has me working 70-80 hours a week. I'll work from 7 AM to 10 PM, go straight to bed, and repeat the day all over again. I promise my posts will start being more frequent again. I did have the chance a couple days ago to try a new recipe for my favorite kind of pie. The pudding turned out great, but when I try this recipe again, I won't layer the bottom of the crust with the bananas and will just mix the bananas into the pudding before pouring it in the crust.

Source: Allrecipes.com

Ingredients:

3/4 c. white sugar

1/3 c. all-purpose flour

1/4 tsp. salt

2 c. milk

3 egg yolks, beaten

2 tbsp. butter

1 1/4 tsp vanilla extract

1 (9 inch) pie crust, baked

4 bananas, sliced

Directions:

In a saucepan, combine the sugar, flour, and salt. Add milk in gradually while stirring gently. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until the mixture is bubbly. Keep stirring and cook for about 2 more minutes, and then remove from the burner.

Stir a small quantity of the hot mixture into the beaten egg yolks, and immediately add egg yolk mixture to the rest of the hot mixture. Cook for 2 more minutes; remember to keep stirring. Remove the mixture from the stove and add butter and vanilla. Stir until the whole thing has a smooth consistency.

Slice bananas into the cooled baked pastry shell. Top with pudding mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes. Chill for an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment