Friday, February 26, 2010

Crock Pot Asian Beef and Noodles



I think that most people who come on to my blog know that I'd rather cook with my Crock Pot than anything else.  You can do ANYTHING with it and it's turning into an obsession!  I found another great recipe using it that was completely different than any of the other recipes I tried.  This dish was really tasty!  I love having Ramen noodles for lunch so it was fun to incorporate into my dinner.  I love a little spice in my food and the red pepper flakes really brought out the heat of the beef.  You can alter the amount of pepper based on your preferences.  All in all, a good meal!

Source:  Stephanie Cooks, adapted from Laura's Kitchen

Ingredients:

1 (16 ounce) package frozen stir fry vegetables
2 - 2 1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1" cubes
1 (12 ounce) bottle stir-fry sauce, any flavor
3/4 cup chicken or beef broth (low sodium)
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
2 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodles, broken
1/4 cup green onions, chopped

Directions:

Coat a 4 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place frozen vegetables in the bottom and top with stew meat. In a medium bowl, stir together stir-fry sauce, broth, and red pepper. Pour over stew meat and vegetables in cooker.

Cover and cook on low for 9-10 hours or on high for 4 1/2-5 hours

At the end of cooking time, discard spice packets from ramen noodles and cook noodles in boiling water. Stir cooked noodles and green onions into meat mixture. Cover and let stand 10 minutes more. Stir before serving. This can be kept on warm for 1-2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment