Friday, April 23, 2010

Roasted Salmon with Cilantro Pesto

Can you believe it that I have never cooked salmon before?  That is why I am so thankful for starting this blog almost 6 months ago.  I have experimented with so many different foods that I love eating in restaurants, but was always afraid to eat at home.  The main thing I have learned from this blog is that I CAN make recipes that taste just as good as what a restaurant serves.  This salmon dish was amazing.  It was delicious, healthy, and as simple as can be to prepare.  Enjoy!

Source:  Annie's Eats, adapted from The Fresh Market

Ingredients:

2-4 salmon fillets
1 clove garlic
1 cup cilantro, loosely packed
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. lime juice
1-2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400°. Add garlic, cilantro, olive oil and lime juice to food processor. Blend until creamy. (Alternatively, if using a blender – mince garlic before adding to the blender.) Grease a baking dish with olive oil. Place salmon fillets in the baking dish. Spread the cilantro pesto on salmon fillets, sprinkle with salt and pepper and top with chopped tomatoes. Bake 15-18 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment