Thursday, December 10, 2009

Herb-Breaded Tilapia

I love all kinds of shell fish, but I usually don't care for fish fillets. I didn't really like tilapia until I tried the discontinued Tilapia in a Bag dish at Red Lobster. Tilapia doesn't have a fishy taste at all so I really enjoy it. I also enjoy its health benefits! I tried a new recipe last night for dinner because it looked so easy. It really was! All in all, the combined cooking and preparation time was about 15 minutes and the fillets were so flavorful! I also added a side of creamy orzo cooked in chicken broth, then mixed with some parsley and a splash of lemon juice. Yummy!

Source: Elly Says Opa!

Ingredients:

2 tilapia fillets
2 Tbsp. flour
1 egg
1 lemon, divided
1/3 cup bread crumbs
2 Tbsp, fresh chopped parsley (I used dry parsley, worked fine)
2 tsp. fresh chopped thyme (I used dry thyme, worked fine)
1/4 tsp. garlic powder

Directions:

Season the tilapia with salt and pepper and then dredge in the flour, shaking off any excess.

Lightly beat an egg in a small baking dish or bowl and mix in the juice of half the lemon. In another dish, combine the breadcrumbs, parsley, thyme, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste.

Dip the floured tilapia first in the egg, and then into the breadcrumb mixture, coating evenly and pressing to adhere if necessary.

Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat, and add enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Once hot (if you flick a little piece of the breadcrumb mixture in there and it bubbles/sizzles, you’re good to go), add the tilapia. Cook for approximately 3 minutes per side, or until fish is cooked through and flakes with a fork.

Cut the remaining half lemon into wedges and serve alongside the tilapia

No comments:

Post a Comment