Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Oreo Truffles

I'm a big fan of looking for recipes on the What's Cooking? board on The Nest.com. Today, everybody was talking about how amazing this oreo truffles recipe is. I wanted to take a fun dessert to work so I thought this would be a good one to try. I definitely understand its popularity! These truffles were perfect and extremely addictive!

Source: Recipezaar

Ingredients:

1 lb. Oreo cookies (3 sleeves)
8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 lb. milk chocolate
1/2 lb. white chocolate

Directions:

Using a food processor, grind cookies to a fine powder. With a mixer, blend cookie powder, cream cheese and vanilla extract until thoroughly mixed (there should be no white traces of cream cheese).

Roll into small balls and place on wax-lined cookie sheet. Refrigerate for 45 minutes.

Line two cookie sheets with wax paper. In double-boiler (I put a pyrex dish in a pot filled with water), melt milk chocolate. Dip balls and coat thoroughly. With slotted spoon, lift balls out of chocolate and let excess chocolate drip off. Place on wax-paper-lined cookie sheet.

In separate double boiler, melt white chocolate. Using a fork, drizzle white chocolate over balls. Let cool. Store in airtight container, in refrigerator.


Followup:

I made this recipe again for a cookie exchange at my work. Instead of dipping the oreo truffles in melted chocolate, I dipped them into crush candy canes, YUM! It was a great time, the peppermint taste blended so well in the oreo.


No comments:

Post a Comment