Tuesday, May 25, 2010

French Bread - Bread Machine

This post is going to be a little different than what I normally do.  My husband eats a lot of bread on a daily basis, especially for his lunches.  I noticed we were spending a LOT of money on french bread from the bakery at the grocery store. Therefore, I decided to invest in a new toy!



There really isn't anything this bread machine can't do.  Besides making regular loafs of white and french bread, it can make gluten-free breads, pizza dough, and jams.  Although I plan on trying the easy stuff first so that I can get a hang of the whole process, I will be making some pretty complex bread in the near future!  I know most readers won't be too interested in these entries, especially if you don't even own this machine.  But hopefully these entries will inspire you to either purchase your own machine or make your own breads from scratch!



Source:  Cuisinart

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups water, 80-90 degrees
1 1/2 tsp salt
4 cups bread flour
2 1/4 tsp yeast, active dry, instant or bread machine

Place ingredients, in the order listed, in the bread pan fitted with the kneading paddle.  Place the bread pan in the convection bread maker and set machine to appropriate settings.

1 comment:

  1. I have a bread machine that makes all types of bread and use it all the time. I need some recipes so I'm excited to see what you post!

    ReplyDelete