Monday, May 17, 2010

Red Velvet Rich and Creamy Cookies


This past weekend, my husband and I went to Iowa to visit my brother and sister-in-law.  While the boys were out golfing, us girls decided to make something that was really easy, but different than just a regular cookie.  I love red velvet and I don't make it very often because my husband doesn't have much of a sweet tooth.  However, I was extremely happy to not have to share these cookies with him.  They were delicious and turned out perfect.

Source:  Betty Crocker

Ingredients:

1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/4 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon red food color
1 egg
3/4 to 1 cup Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy cream cheese frosting
1/4 cup chopped nuts

Directions:

Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, stir cookie mix, cocoa, butter, sour cream, food color and egg until soft dough forms.

Roll dough into 1-inch balls; place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake 8 to 9 minutes or until set. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.

Frost cooled cookies with frosting. Sprinkle with nuts. Store tightly covered at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment