Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Italian Pasta Salad


I have been on such a pasta salad kick lately.  It's been so hot and muggy lately so a good pasta salad has been really refreshing.  I've been fixing these salads lately for dinner as a test for what I will bring to some upcoming BBQ's.  This salad was so easy to make and reallllly yummy.  If you're a procrastinator like me and need to come up with a quick pasta salad for a party, this recipe will work for sure.

Source:  Stephanie Cooks

Ingredients:

2 cups uncooked pasta
1 cup broccoli, cut into small florets
1/2 cup grape tomatoes, diced in 1/2 (I used cherry tomatoes)
3-4 tbsp. parmesan cheese
Kraft Roasted red pepper Italian salad dressing  (I used Kraft Light Zesty Italian)

Directions:

Bring a pot of water to boil. Cook the pasta. In the last 2 minutes, throw in the broccoli.

Drain the pasta/broccoli mixture. Run under cold water.

Allow the mixture to cool completely.

Add the grape tomatoes and a few squirts of dressing. Toss well, store in the fridge to allow the tastes to marinade.

Right before serving add the parmesan cheese, stir well, and serve cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment