Thursday, June 10, 2010

Salad Stuffed Shells


It's summertime!  Time for lots of fun-filled BBQ nights with friends and family.  One thing a BBQ always needs is pasta salad.  There are so many different kinds to make, but as soon as I found this recipe, I knew I had to try it.  It was so different and oh, so good!  I always loved this recipe because the options are limitless.  Add or delete vegetables of your choosing and top it off with your favorite dressing.

Source:  Stephanie Cooks

Ingredients:

Lettuce, chopped (I used pre-shredded)
Cucumbers, diced small
Tomatoes, diced small
Shredded cheddar cheese
Carrots, diced  (I used pre-shredded)
Jumbo shells, cooked and cooled
Salad dressing (I used zesty italian)

Directions:

Take all of your salad ingredients and toss them together in a bowl.  Mix a little salad dressing in to coat lightly.

Stuff each shell with salad until it is full.

Right before serving drizzle dressing over the shells.

No comments:

Post a Comment