Monday, November 9, 2009

Blueberry Muffins


I was browsing through recipes late last night and I found this super easy recipe and I happened to have all of the ingredients. These muffins were great. I think I can say I definitely like muffins that are made with brown sugar, it made such a difference! I didn't have any muffin liners handy, so I just used a disposable muffin pan and the muffins came out of the pan perfectly.



Source: So Tasty, So Yummy

Ingredients:

3/4 stick (6 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup whole milk
1 large egg
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups blueberries (7 1/2 oz)

Special equipment: a muffin pan with 12 (1/2-cup) muffin cups; 12 foil or paper muffin liners

Directions:

Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 400°F. Put liners in muffin cups.

Whisk together butter, brown sugar, milk, and egg in a bowl until combined well. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Add milk mixture and stir until just combined. Fold in blueberries gently.

Divide batter among muffin cups and bake until golden brown and a wooden pick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment