Sunday, March 28, 2010

Banana Chocolate Chip Bread

I LOVE banana bread.  I had forgotten how much I loved it until after I tried this recipe.  I had just gotten a Wilton loaf pan for Christmas so this was a great excuse to make a yummy dessert.  The bread came out as moist as can be so I really wouldn't change a thing.  Thanks, Stephanie Cooks! Another winner!

Source:  Stephanie Cooks, adapted from Simply Recipes

Ingredients:

3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed (I used 4)
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons mini chocolate chips (I used regular chips)

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350°F. With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour last, mix. Mix in 2 tablespoons chocolate chips. Pour mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan. Top with remaining tablespoon of chocolate chips. Bake for 45 minutes-1 hour. Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment